The center of life at Sci Academy.
At the beginning of 9th grade, every scholar is randomly assigned to a small, single-sex Advisory Group. Advisories are named after the Advisor's alma mater, and they promote a spirit of teamwork and support among all scholars. A scholar's Advisor and Advisory Group will follow him or her until senior year, and will provide the social, emotional, and behavioral skills necessary for success in college and in life.
Advisories meet twice a day: in the mornings for breakfast, and in the afternoons for classes, team building, and celebrations. During Advisory meetings, scholars learn how to set and achieve goals, how to communicate effectively and precisely, how to persevere through challenges, and how to support one another. Advisory is a safe space where scholars develop the tools and resources to achieve in high school and beyond.
Advisors at Sci Academy:
- act as the primary point of contact between scholars and families.
- teach core values and college readiness skills.
- resolve discipline issues.
- provide academic counseling.
- build a team of peers that make meaningful connections and help each other feel understood and supported.