Creating and supporting schools that prepare all scholars for college success.
Collegiate Academies creates and supports schools that prepare all scholars for college success, equipped with the passion and tools to begin innovative and world-changing pursuits. All of our schools are driven by a belief that any student, regardless of past deficits, failures, or challenges, can prepare for college success even as late as high school.
Creating new schools
In the fall of 2012, Collegiate Academies opened two new high schools in New Orleans. Each opened with a ninth grade class and will add one grade per year, reaching full capacity in the fall of 2015.
In the future, we will continue to create new schools to meet the needs of high school students in our community. Our strategic growth plan is dictated by the convergence of two very important criteria:
- Our human capital pipeline and our capacity to develop teachers and leaders.
- The need for college preparatory high school options given the school landscape in New Orleans and beyond.
Supporting our schools
Collegiate Academies provides a range of support services to our schools. Our goal is to serve the schools and their leaders so that their time is free to focus on our mission: the growth and ultimate college success of our scholars. We provide support to our schools in the following areas:
- Human Capital: staff recruitment, retention, and reporting.
- Operations: contract management, procurement, facilities management, and long-term planning.
- Human Resources: state reporting/compliance, payroll administration, and benefits administration.
- Finance: budgeting, reporting, management, and long-term planning.
- Development: grant writing, donor management, and growth-related needs.
- Instruction: interim assessments, professional development, and organizational learning.
- Communications: marketing and community partnerships.